Sunday, September 14, 2008

Street of Dreams

Todd and I went to the Street of Dreams Saturday night (thanks Gibson's). First we stopped off for Oregon Blackberry Smoothies at Burgerville with my free coupon (I love free date nights).
This house has come down in price. I used to be 3 million and now it's 2.6 million. I'm sure they'd take 2 and a half. 11,000 sqaure feet and lots of lots of decks and courtyard but no grass! Beautiful view, pool, massage room, a couple game rooms and movie rooms and each bedroom was it's own suite. It was so fun being there at night. Who buys these homes??? Don't people have better things to spend their money on? I'm doubting whoever buys it will stock up on food storage. What good will that huge house do them then :>
Can't see it, but the Portland lights in the distance are breathtaking. One could just lie out here all night and be perfectly content.....unless of course you were worring about your gigantic mortgage.
Toddie the fire-man. I want one of these in our backyard. Perhaps Todd should put in a slate patio next for one of these?
If a house has an awesome kitchen then I'm sold. This was house #5 I think and I LOVED the kitchen. Knotty Alder is my favorite. That would be me getting ready for the day in my gi-normous bathroom and vanity.
Growing up in Arizona, we'd go through the Model homes. That was our favorite Sunday activity. Go for a drive and tour the homes. Each of us got "dibs" on a house. The others had to knock on the door and we'd show them around. Sometimes you got the crap house and that was just the luck of the draw. To this day I still love playing that game when I go to visit. Sometimes they even have Otis Spunkmeye's baking in the oven. Can the lure of a cookie really sell a home. That is how we sold our first home. I had a cinnamon dessert cooking in the oven and those are the same people who bought our home!

9 comments:

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I always LOVE looking at model homes.. I even get my fix online I frequently visit realtor.com and pick different states and go to the Multi-Million dollar homes.. it is so much fun to look around and dream.. decide what I love, what I would change, and how I'd decorate.

Lee said...

Do you get depressed to go home to your own home after looking at homes like that? Sadly, I do, so I try and avoid models and street of dreams, then I don't feel unjustifiably sorry for myself.

Way to go on your two days w/o cookies! That's HUGE for you!

Steph said...

My family and I always loved going to model homes when I was younger, too. Pete and I loved doing that when we first moved here and were trying to decide where to live. It's such fun!

Lindsey said...

What a fun date night! I love that one of the houses had a massage room. Your shirt is really cute too and I love the creative poses. I think people who have 3 million to spend on a home are probably paying in cash, lets hope at least.

Dannielle said...

Maybe you can go to my house and bake some cookies and then it might sell :)

Alicia said...

I remember the Street of Dreams in Portland. I also remember when the houses use to cost $500,000 and we thought that was outrageous...hahaha.

Kylee said...

Those houses are so beautiful! For one of my jobs I clean brand new houses right after their done being built (I think I already told you that) but it's fun/depressing to see how many cool things the house has. Fun to make plans for my future mansion.... Depressing because I probably won't ever have one. Oh well. That's fun that you guys got to do that.

Lee said...

Stace- it's not too late to start a "funny book" for your kids. I too started a little too late for the girls, so the funniest ones are from the boys. Try and remember some funny things Griffin and Camdyn said and just put them in. I keep the books in all different places. The funny book is just a small little notebook- probably 3"x4" I want to hear back that you started one today!

Annie said...

From your Dad: It is a great feeling to walk into a "dream" home with all of its "extras" and plush furnishings and then be able to walk out the door and saw "I really love the home we live in and the life I have." Now, that is a victory!