Monday, August 31, 2009

Coming to a close

The last week of summer! T and I went on an unheard of two date nights in the same week! Our first show of the new Broadway Season opened with Fiddler on the Roof, which was so delightful. We have even better seats this year which made a difference.
Our next date was to the temple and dinner with a couple from our ward. I am not an out-to-eat gal, so Todd jumps at the chance when I suggest it. I LOVE this place and my favorite dish of all time is the Chicken Scallopennie with a Ceasar Salad and that delicious bread! Who can resist?!
We took the kiddies to Yale Resivoir for one last outing on the boat before school. 3 boats were there so it was empty and the water was like GLASS. This only looks wavey cause we'd just brought the boat around.


Griffin and I both got over right and left wakes a few times without wiping out! Those were both our goals for this summer. Next year, maybe some jumps :>



At Billy Chinook our friends let me try this wakesurfing off the back of their nice boat. Got up, but given another go would love to get better at it.... lots of fun!









12 comments:

Lee said...

sounds and looks like fun! I'm jealous of your boat :) Love the new picts. looks familiar. . . I though you were holding out for Christmas?

jenni said...

what a great way to end the summer! your family traditions are too dear to my heart :) AND you're comment about not being an eat-out-kinda-gal... it's refreshing to hear from someone else! you're once again, a woman of my own heart :)

tutus n bowties said...

So is this a lake you go boating on? I am quite jealous as well...I use to go wakeboarding with friends on the river, but haven't in the last 2 years. While we were at Bear Lake Adam and the brothers were wake skating. It looks pretty similar to what you were doing. I'm pretty sad I didn't give it a go. Also, love the family pics!

teamZ said...

Like the new pictures.

Kylee said...

Fun! Wakesurfing is dang fun! I can't do it for very long without the rope though. That's awesome that you guys got to do that!

Lindsey said...

You look crazy tough in the wake surfing picture. Seriously, you look like Jillian. If I take pride in how you look and I'm only your sister I can only imagine how happy I would be if I looked that way....perhaps pride would get the better of me and it's best if I stay "soft." Love the shabby blogs background, seriously too cute ;)

Annie said...

I'm LOL over Lindsey's comment! Love your new header and your athletic family. How did you come from MY loins? Bully for you.

Vonnie said...

Great pictures and activities Stacey. I love to see what your fmaily is up to. You and Griffin look amazing on those boards. Truly NOT a Griffin trait there.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm jealous of your thigh muscles. I love your new background. How did you make your header thing? I don't know how to do it, so I have a lame, boring one. Help make mine cute.

cjdustin said...

Love the new look! Your pics are fantastic!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

I love your new family pictures! What a beautiful family you are. You do more fun things together than any other family I know. Lucky kids!

The Hartley Family said...

your family is so stinking cute and i cant beleive how tall griffin is. You and Todd are a great example and I love that you guys go to the theature. Boating has to be the most fun family outing, I think we all get our love of the water from grandma Mabel. I hope you'll join me in the goal to still be water skiing into my 70's like she was!