Saturday, August 22, 2009

Marley and Me

Last weekend Todd grilled up some superb steak on the Traegar. I took care of delicious side salads....only Camdyn might disagree with the "delicious" part.
Brody likes to push his food away and be pretty much a 2 year old terror during most all our meals!
My cousin Tony brought up his son Arthur, age 10, to stay with us for 4 days while he was on an Ellsworth bike tour in Bend. The girls got along great with this cousin they just met!
Brody bowled a pretty good game. Oh, he was ALL over this sport!
Speaking of sports.....this occupies MUCH of our summer. There are not many other things I'd rather my kids be doing than out getting conditioned and playing with good kids and an even greater, devoted coach (in the background). He has taken Camdyn under his wing and brought out her confidence. I love watching these teams play at a higher competitive level. The games are pretty physical!
Timbers Summer Slam Tournament (at the fields right across from our home...which I loved!)
And I love getting action shots with my favorite camera!
Griffin's team took 1st place and he helped by scoring 2 goals in the first play-off and had a fabulous 4 game run.
We went camping at Lake Billy Chinook meeting up with 4 other families from our ward for a few days.
I loved the campground, so clean. Playground, showers, paved roads, lots of trails and our site was nestled in the best location.
Todd packed my bike so I could ride Brody around to get him out of everyone's way. He was pretty tuckered out and stayed asleep like this for 20 min. while I read a book beside him.
We nicknamed Brody "Marley" after that naughty dog in Marley in Me, whom the whole family loved and couldn't live without....but I tell you, Brody (like Marley) is all over the place!
The temps were in the 90's and the cool water felt so refreshing.
Six families from Tualitin Valley were there camping at the same time, in a different campground. We met up with them one afternoon and tied the boats together while the kids swam off all the different tubes, ate lunch and played water football.

Kenny, Todd and Jeff worked together for a few years. There were a lot of guns showing here today!

The only other place that gets Brody zonked is the lull of the boat. He'll sleep in my arms like this for over an hour, even with engine starting and stopping, kids screaming off the tube and choppy water.
The steep canyon walls offered a different type of beauty than the water we usually boat in.
A la natural....Nicole, Stacey and Christy.
After tying boats up with 4 of the families in our ward and jumping off high cliff walls (more scary than it looked down below)..... We kid swapped for awhile and let the little girls come on our boat to tube and do tricks jumping in off the back.
We had to take off to get back to yet another soccer tournament, so of course I had to grab one group shot before we left.
Our little family definitely wants to make this spot a tradition. We went on a beautiful hike, had delicious dinners, smokey campfires and beautiful starry skies. Thanks for the letting us know about this place Nic!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Sounds like so much fun. I've heard it's been super hot in the Northwest lately. Bet that water was refreshing:)

Kylee said...

What a fun time! I had no idea Brody was so all over the place! Good thing he's so dang cute to make up for it.

Lee said...

Wow! What a fun time- that's great you have friends w/ boats who like to camp too. The pict of you in your apron making salads is darling

cjdustin said...

B Chinook was the best and we were so glad that we could share it with you!

Annie said...

I recognize your apron from Denmark:) Marley made me and the T laugh a lot!! Loved ALL the pics of your good times. So much to talk on the phone about.

Jamie Jo said...

What fun times. I'm jealous of your long and warm summer. We're back to rain, and the kids are already in school.

Thompson Tales said...

WE love lake Billy Chinook,nothing like the great northwest!! we miss it badly....too bad we are not there with our jet skis enjoying it, miss ya!!!

Lindsey said...

Holy Canoley! That's a large group to go camping with and try to feed everyone and keep together for activites. I bet the squids were in heaven! Good call on Marley for Brody. Sadly when I saw that movie I thought "get rid of that dam* dog!" But I don't feel that way about Brody. In the picture of you making the salad you're looking pre-tay tan, your hair looks awesome and those capris look baggy....fine! Just keep them! Love the post!

The Plewe Clan said...

Again, you and your crew are always have a good time! I am jealous! Seriously...love the Brody pictures. I have the same baby seat for Clayton on my bike however, I have yet to get him to fall asleep. Yesterday he screamed for the first 20 minutes of our ride! Go FIGURE!

Jord said...

You are a busy girl! Sounds like you had a great and active summer. I love the pics of Camdyn playing soccer...we're going to start it this fall with Lauren and can't wait!