Sunday, September 13, 2009

Teenager in the house!

Today we had the pleasure of watching all three kids play in their first official games of the fall season. 8:45, 10:15 and 11:00. It'll be tricky juggling 3 kids games every saturday, but there's nothing I love watching them do more! Griffin played an aggressive game against the Timer Barons. This Baron better watch it!
Hmm, looks like he's really throwin' himself around out there....
Do I see some elbows flying?
Well, the ref did "Number 14! This is a warning!"
The cutest game of the day went to the Ladybirds. Little Kennedy scored a handful of goals.
Here's she goes again....
Watching her siblings has paid off. She told me she has "anger issues". We tell the older kids to "get angry at the ball".
Coach Burris the head girls soccer coach at Union High School.
Kennedy, Rachel and Brinley were all in the same Kindy class last year and preschool the year before. They are now a dynamo trio out on the tiny little field. Thier field is smaller than the goalie box at Griffin's game!
Griffin turned 13 on Labor Day!!! He and Todd went to lunch and a movie and then bought a new Wii game and IPOD docking station/alarm. I finally got to put out these birthday plates/bowls I've been collecting! Griffin is such a great kid. I can't even remember the last time he gave us an once of grief over anything.....well sometimes we have to remind him to unload the dishes or practice piano, which he then immediately does! We're so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending him to our family.
The first day of school. Over a week in and I've been making breakfast and reading scrips with the kids before Griffin gets out the door at 8:00. Thanks to his school starting a bit later this year, this is much easier to accomplish! I walked all the kids on the first day and they came home loving their class/teachers
Camdyn 4th grade
Kennedy 1st grade
Griffin 7th grade.
Brody CRACKED me up when he found this barbie snowboard....which he thinks is a wake board. He steps onto it and pretends to be out on the water just like Griffin.....
then he "crashes" in the water and lies on the ground! It's hilarious.

Kennedy and teammate Emily.
Camdyn's coach said if they won their tournament he'd let them spray paint his hair.
Oh, the girls loved this look!
Camdyn's team plays up so most these girls are a bit bigger and taller.

7 comments:

cjdustin said...

Looks like lots of family fun!

Annie said...

LOL! Marley is a hoot. I didn't know Kennedy was also going to play....what a busy life for the mom and dad:) What a wonderful way to keep kids out of trouble. And off the streets. And off the couch. And away from no good friends. Good for you.

Lee said...

Wow! What a great, newsy post. Loved all the action soccer shots. You get some great ones. It's great when your kids game times don't conflict and you don't have to miss any. Everyone looks happy and healthy- oh and happy birthday to Griffie boy

Kylee said...

Happy birthday Griffin! I also love all your soccer action shots and I also agree with Annie that sports is such a great way to keep your kids out of trouble! (Not that they would get into any anyway-- you have such awesome kids!) Fun times!

Jamie Jo said...

Good job on the scripture reading. We have to do ours at 6:45! No good. That's funny about Broder's and the wakeboard. What a funny kid. I can't belief the Griff is 13!!! He is a good boy.

Thompson Tales said...

I miss soccer in the northwest!!! So do my kids....what kind of a camara did you end up getting? I am on the hunt for a new and better one...

tutus n bowties said...

Your post made me excited for the day when I will be a mom and have my own family. By the way, you are an awesome example to look up to in that area.