Monday, October 26, 2009

Sold....In 14 Days

In March of 1999 we moved into this home. Nine months later we welcomed Miss Camdyn into our family and since then two little heavenly spirits have followed. It's amazing the transformation that has taken place in the past 10 years, not only to our family but to this cozy little home. Todd and I have enjoyed making this a haven for ourselves and our children. We have upgraded all we can in a home such as this and I am finding it surprisingly difficult to say goodbye.

Two Sundays ago a prospective buyer came through and 30 min later called with an offer, they met our counter offer and that was that. Their realtor said he'd never seen a home decorated as nicely as ours was and it would be a treat to be able to bring the buyer in the next day for one more look around. How funny...especially coming from a man!

Alas, it is time to move on.....and we've got some great plans in store for our next residence, which just so happens to be my DREAM home since the moment I layed eyes on it!
For more details on that......see next post below.





























8 comments:

teamZ said...

Congrats! Wow, it's great that you get to move into your dream house. I am glad you aren't moving too far.

Alicia said...

OMGoodness! OMGoodness! I remember that house! I remember you and I going visiting teaching there every month and swimming in the pool with the YM & YW! I remember how you said you dreamed to live in that house one day! How terrific your dream came true! I'm so happy for you! Have I used enough exclamation points? I don't think so! I'm so excited! Congratulations!

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm one of the VERY PROUD new owners of your gorgeous home! We absolutely fell in love with it the minute we walked in the front door.

We just have the one little one for now and are so looking forward to raising our family in our new home.

I hope you don't mind... I took pictures of EVERYTHING so I can try to recreate the warm feeling you gave the home. Best wishes on your new dream home!

Lindsey said...

A dream is a wish you heart makes.... cheesy but true. Glad it worked out for you!! I can't believe with all the times I've been swimming there I have never stepped foot inside. Can't wait to see you sprinkle your magic dust in it.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

You are right... you are busy.. I am so sorry I have taken so long to check back in with you. Life has been crazy here, but holy cow... 14 days and you sell, moving into your dream house. I am so excited to watch as you and Todd complete the projects and turn this beautiful piece of heaven into your families work of art. You are truly amazing.

I am sad you will no longer have the excuse of your parents house in AZ :( hopefully we can still find ways to meet and catch up. You are a wonderful inspiration to me. Thank you for being my friend. I feel so blessed to have crossed paths with you.

Good luck with the move.

Dannielle said...

Wow! That is huge news. My mom always says if you wait long enough you eventually get what you want :) I bet your kids are so excited. If I was there I would come over and swim all the time in the summer. Have fun decorating!

Lee said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Where have I been for the past two weeks? I didn't even notice your last two posts until just now! Your mom showed me picts of your new house, and of the Elmers current house, but it was still fun to see them on here- and the picts of your current house- I don't blame you for feeling sad to leave it- lots of wonderful memories. Any home that you bring a new baby home to- let alone three will definately hold some priceless memories. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to visit this summer. Good luck with the move and the moving in. I don't envy you with that :)

The Hartley Family said...

Your house is so stinking cute! I am so excited for you and to see what this new house will look like with your amazing talent for decor!