Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feast for a "King" City Fireman

Thanksgiving was spent loading and unloading mutliple trips in the van...in the typical NW drizzly rain, along with a little bit of painting because when I get an idea in my head I want to roll with it right away!

We headed out to Todd's station out in King City around 2 p.m. for a Thanksgiving feast along with 5 of the other firefighters, their family and a King City Police officer.
I am sorry right now to whom I may offend, but this was probably the most delicious Thanksgiving dinners I have had! Todd even went so far as to purchase me some saurcraute! He did not make the dinner, the guy to his right did. The yams, oh my. The stuffing with artichoke and rosemary, me oh my....and I don't like stuffing. Homemade rolls, turkey on the traeger, which was so flavorful and moist. Desserts aplenty. Pecan pie with real whipping cream. I do think I was sick. Then again, my tummy may have shrunk from being so busy these last few days and barely having time to eat! I think it's all stretched back out now.


It's nice being able to visit with these other families, moms who share the same schedule and time away from hubbys and dads on holidays like we do. We stayed for about 3 1/2 hours.
Once Brody took his pants off and started to dance, it was time to head home.
Kids helped me packing up their clothes.

Yes! My house CAN look messy!

I've been too busy to bed sad. That is a good thing. I've been too busy to sleep. That is a bad thing. The kids want me to start decorating for Christmas. Normally I would have had it ALL done by now. First I need to unpack! AFTER we put a few beds together.
Our new buyers are great. I feel like I'm friends with this gal just through our emails and I've not said more than "hello" to her in person when they came to look at the house. She even told me not to worry about the nail holes. Now I really love her!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

There's nothing like a top notch Thanksgiving Feast!! That's nice to be able to go down and eat at the station and for the police officer to be able to join. I love all of your recent posts. I can't believe how much WORK your move is...plus 4 kids to stay on top off! Bleh. I am not half as gung ho as you are. Today was meant to be moving day and so far I have slept in, ran to Layton mall, and taken a nap. Now it's 3:00 and I am struggling to get started. I can't wait to see your place!

cjdustin said...

We came by on Saturday to try to help but you were all gone! I was sad that I won't have you around the corner anymore. You were one of the reasons we moved to this neighborhood. I can't wait to see what you do with the farmhouse!