Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Moving day madness

Todd and I wanted to get a jump start on loading out of our old and into the new on Friday. We borrowed a trailer, had a good friend watching the kids and loaded up as much as we could. Luckily we made it out to Elmer's before Todd's truck completely died! Altenator went out. I called our hometeacher who came to rescue us, give us a lift home and lent us his truck for 4 days! I will miss Eric and A.J. The bright side to the moving was this awesome weather we had! The view out here changes as the sun is rising and setting. The veiw of the mist on the field across the street is breathtaking.

The men in Harmony ward came to lend a hand. They were awesome!!! Everything loaded in 2 hours.

These were 2 of the heaviest peices of furniture. I'm not sure where I was when the heaviest one came slipping down the stairs and nearly crushed Jared. Luckily he moved just in time!

The men from Lacamas Creek helped us move in as well as 3 of the elder missionaries and my friends Tim and Cyndee. Bless their hardworking hearts! Got everything in the house in 2 hours. It was an entire 3 days of moving and getting the house cleaned out and ready for the new owners. Boxes, boxes everywhere!
Todd and I worked late into the night Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday....now Tuesday, getting things put away, beds put together and generally triying our best to get the house ready for some sort of Christmas!

I went back to our home one last time to pick up a few items and snap some pictures. I did get a little teary. I couldn't have one last good sob like I'd wanted because Brody set off the alarm on my van and then was running out into the road. He put the kabosh on me trying to be sentimental!So many friends helped me out with the kids.
Amy Morgan took the girls ALL day on Friday. Heidi took Griffin and Brody. Carrie and Jewell took Kennedy on Saturday while Camdyn went back to Amy's house all day. Griffin went to Heidi's and Kendall took Brody from 8:30-6:30. What a huge help that was!
The icing on the cake was the meal brought in by Suzanne Reid to the new home, just as Todd and I were wondering what to do for dinner as we were famished! SO delicious!!!
Thanks to the Jackson's for providing dinner on Sunday. Still thinking about that turkey gravy and hot fudge sauce!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Good stuff Stace! You have done a great job of making me feel like I"m right there moving with you! It's so much work, but so worth it, right? Everything looks divine, and I can't wait to see in person. Your Thanksgiving looked great. I'm glad you enjoyed it- something different than the usual. Oh, and way to still have sauerkraut. Did anyone else partake? Is Todd a fan? Any of your kids?

Annie said...

I agree with Lee that I feel like I was there too....minus having to do a lick of work. And you already have flowers in the kitchen, hydrangeas even. Well, you'll have a good supply of those in the future. You sure are blessed with good friends.
I felt verclempt myself seeing your old empty rooms. Brody came through for you in the long run. A good cry wasn't what you needed. And now the moment has passed and you won't need to.