Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today on....This Old House

On any given day during these last few weeks Elmers place has been hopping with electricians, sheetrockers, surveyers, inspecters, renovating bids and so forth. Arlon has been running a well oiled machine out at this place! I may have to put him on payroll. The sheetrock in the garage is 98% complete! Just a bit more taping on Friday and it will be complete.
The pad and carpet was laid today. They worked from 9:30 to 5:30. He said the job was taking longer than he anticipated because it is a "tough, durable" carpet. Yes, that's what we paid for!

They called it quits when it got too dark (and too tired) to continue. I continued on my cleaning streak. It smells SO good in there! I have one bathroom left to tackle, but want to wait until these handymen are all done in there.
Todd is working today and Thanksgiving so I was calling him with updates and questions throughout the day. While cleaning the laundry room I called and said "I am so in love!!!" Yes, with him, but also with this charming old house. Especially now that I have it scoured and dusted. I never saw a speck of dust when Cindy resided here, but boys.....you gotta love em, they just don't have that domestic instinct. (Unless your name is Todd Lake or Mike Jensen).


Thanks to Nicole Jackson and crew for an 8:45-5:00 jobber with all 4 kids. Wowza, I did love that!!!!
Next edition: Carpet in the apartment and moving of boxes.

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Your laundry room is going to be so awesome! When I've looked at houses before a crappy hallway laundry room is a deal breaker! I just got rid of the puppy that had been living in mine, and bleched it down yesterday. What color are you going to paint it? Fun for your new carpet! I am loving mine.

Kylee said...

Wow stace! I just got caught up on all your recent posts and your new house looks amazing! That is so cool that you got your dream house and I can't believe how fast your old one sold! Good luck with all the re-modeling and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Dannielle said...

If we were there Robb would help Todd - good luck with everything.