Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jolly Old St. Nicolas

For some reason it just tickles me to see the kids run down the porch steps to catch that big yellow bus. We have a tradition that on St. Nicolas Eve if the kids set out their shoes, his elves will leave a present or surprise for them to find when they wake in the morning. Some years it's been an ornament or a color book. This elf was lucky she even remembered to leave anything at all!
I spent the afternoon stringing garland and lights. Elmers had it all rigged up with hooks and light plugs so all I had to do was fasten on the garland and lights, plug the cords into the lights on the porch ceiling and flip a lightswitch next to the door to turn them on. Genius!!!




8 comments:

Kylee said...

Cute! I love the lights. And I love that tradition with the presents from the elves. I need to start doing that. who doesn't want more reasons to get/give presents!

Lindsey said...

I love the photo of the kids running to catch the bus. That would warm my heart too, it's so Norman Rockwell. I can't wait to see your new home. I thought the elf came on the night of the 6th, whoopsi. Oh well, Emma won't know the difference. Is that first photo of the banister in your house or just a photo you liked? It's very porofessional looking.

Thompson Tales said...

I am amzed that you are already decorating for the holidays!!! How do you do it all? I can't wait to see your new home and what you have done to it!!

Ryan and Megan said...

We do the same thing! I love it!

tutus n bowties said...

OH your house looks magical with lights on it!

Annie said...

Don't take the lights down until I get there! Magic.

The Hartley Family said...

Stacy i love keeping up with you guys through your blog. Your new house looks like it is amazing. You are truly super woman for getting so much done especially around the holidays!

Vonnie said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas spirit and traditions. Everything looks great!