Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day of School Tummy Aches

Sadly, I realize I didn't capture a pic of Griffin on the first day!  The girls however....and Brody were willing to smile, as long as we weren't going to be late!  Kennedy was complaining of a tummy ache all morning.  I just told her it was nerves or that she'd go to the bathroom and school and feel better.

 I get a call from the school nurse at 1:00.  She'd thrown up.  Back at home she withers on the couch all into the evening.  Finally she sleeps from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Hurts to go potty and a really sharp pain over her belly button and sides.  Hmm, once Todd mentions "apendix" I google it and sure enough......  ALL the symptoms match up.  She says she can't live with this pain through the night, and she's not a drama queen so I believe her.  I take her to the E.R. at 2 a.m. and after and IV and CT scan she is scheduled for sugery at 8 a.m.  The nurses were in love with her sweet demeanor and raggy ringgy curls!  She was a cute lilttle cooperative patient!


Todd got to the kids to school and came to the hospital just as she was coming around from the anesthesia.  Bevery delivered this balloon boquet.  Annie and Papa send $50 to grandkinder who get appendix out (she makes #4) and I brought her a jamb juice.  When she told Camdyn on the phone, just before going to surgery, Camdyn says "Kennedy....that's just like in the book Madeline!"  Later after more friends were dropping by gifts such as candy, notebooks, flowers and even the DVD Diary of  a Whimpy Kid....Camdyn says "Kennedy is kinda spoiled.  I wish I could have my appendix out".  Kids!!



Brinley and Rachel came by to deliver a card and gifts of their own.

I decided the blonde was going to be too much upkeep....so to get rid of the line I'd have I we went back to more of my natural color for awhile. I have yet to actually style it so I'm still getting used to it.  Although in a few more appts it'll be different again.  I like change.....lucky for me I have pretty healthy hair!

14 comments:

tutus n bowties said...

Poor girl! What a way to start off the first day of school. I love the spoiled comment. You can pull both blonde and dark off really well because of your skin tone. This color looks awesome as well!

Kylee said...

Ohh poor Kenna! Fun that she got so spoiled though. I'm jealous that you can do such drastic changes to your hair. You look great with both!

Annie said...

I like you a little darker, but you already know that! Sad pics of the patient. Funny how pain looks fun! Same thing happened when Lindsey had pneumonia way back in Texas.

Nicole Jackson said...

She looked so cute in her hospital outfit! I'm glad she's feeling better now, what a story she can tell her kids' one day!

Lindsey said...

Uhhh, I hope it's not too late for her care package to arrive. Sure I haven't sent it, but it will be gold when it does happen. LOVE the girl's headbands!

Ashley May said...

Oh my goodness that is a sad story! Poor girl, I bet that was so scary. Don't you love google? Everytime something weird is happening to either of my boys I go straight to the computer. That cracks me up what Camdyn said though, I bet she'd take it back in a heartbeat if she felt that pain!

Lee said...

Well, at least you know Kenna will always remember her first day of _____ grade? Sorry I'm not sure what it is. . . what a cute little patient, and so true about the other kids wishing an illness on themselves. Funny. I hope she's doing great. How many days of school did she miss?

Carrie said...

Poor thing. Kennedy told me that she had something wrong with her tummy and she was worried about her. I am glad she is okay.

teamZ said...

What a way to start the school year! Kennedy has been such a trooper through the whole thing. I feel bad for Camdyn too. It's hard when someone else is getting all the attention.

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Please tell Kennedy how sorry we are! But how glad we are that she's home and she's okay. Such a sweet little girl. HOpe all is well with the rest of you! We miss you guys!

Vonnie said...

From one appendix removal survivor to another - Best wishes Kennedy! Get well soon!

4ever said...

Poor Kennedy! What a trooper. Hope she is feeling better now.

And I certainly hope that poor Camdyn - inspite her wish - doesn't have to go through it herself.

Jennie

jrushing said...

Oh my goodness! What a crazy first day of school! I hope she is doing better!

4ever said...

Next time you bike up here - IF you decide to go up that hill again - feel free to stop by and take a look at the house. It has been fun having a new house but along with that comes lots of sub-contractors stomping through trying to fix everything and then ending up making a bigger mess of things than it was in the first place. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much our your "old" but it must be worth it because that house is beyond awesome!

Jennie