Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lazy Daisy


Now that it's been 2 weeks I've gotten used to this brown hair, yet when I go places I still hear "You're hair is dark!", then I think..."oh yeah, it is".  Hollywood changes all the time, why can't I?


I made an attempt to capture some photos on the porch, wondering....''how hard can it be?  I've got a good camera."  Well for any of you who have seen Scarlette's photo sessions.  That girl has got a magic touch that I just don't have!


Thursday Todd and I heard some loud sound in the middle of the night.  No idea what it was.  He looks out the North window and sees nothing, so we go back to bed. I leave the house at 4:45a.m. to workout and see this massive tree limb form the oak tree lying into the road.  Hello!  That was the noise.  There wasn't even a windstorm, which is a little worrisome.  What if it had comd down on the house!  I borrowed the Moses' chainsaw and Todd hacked at it for THREE HOURS.  That's how big it was.  40 feet long and about 16 in in diameter.  Now we've got some nice wood for burning this winter tho.

Now to introduce our newest addition.....Daisy.  The kids and Todd are in HEAVEN.  They love her. It was Todd's decision to buy her as a mouser cat.  The whole thought of that to me is revolting. I want nothing to do with petting a cat that has eaten a mouse for lunch.  In fact I really want nothing to do with any pet in general. I have yet to even pet her. I'm completely indifferent to animals.  Don't hate em.  Don't love em.


Since she's still a kitten we are feeding her and easing her into her new surroundings before we limit food and make her hunt. Ahggg!  Sad.  After one week here she has found her favorite spot. Curled up on ALL my cushions, whichi is great cause we all know how much I love to see animal hair covering any peice of fabric....let alone on the kids clothes.  But she does look cute when we open the door and there she be.


Todd is almost as bad as the kids "Honey come look at Daisy catch this moth!"  he'll say.  I saw her do it 3 days ago.  I'm good.


The girls enjoy having friends ride the bus home with them (since it takes 30 min!) and stay for a late.  Hmm, where's Griffin?  He was "outta here" when I started snapping these and off to hang out with his friends.






10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hooray for updates. Funny that you named your cat Daisy, that is Emma's scape goat name. Apparently she has an invisible friend named Daisy. I really think you'll love having the cat. The mice won't know what hit them. I think your mouse infestation is like my spider infestation. Bummer about the tree limb, that's scarey. Hunky Toddy is a good handy man to handle it though. I put the necklaces and DVD in the mail yesterday...keep an eye out. Oh, and I HEART your hair. You look just like Sara! It's a beautiful fall hair color. I say change it with every season :)

Jamie Jo said...

I love the hair too. More natural. I think you look younger. You are funny about pets. I knew you'd love hearing about our snake. Which we know won't last, because we are horrible pet people. Sometimes I want a kitten too. Daisy is cute, and I love the name.

cjdustin said...

You will be glad you have that cat because in my opinion, cats are better than Mice! Good job with the tree...Todd may need to get a chainsaw for Christmas...looked like he had fun!

Steph said...

I love cats! And that is a cute cat. My hubby won't let me get a cat, so no cat for us. And your hair is way cute, of course it is always way cute!

The Morgans said...

gotta love those unplanned projects

Jessica said...

Your kids are adorable! And that is crazy that you got a cat. Fun for your kids though. I love your hair, and scary about that tree. Good thing none of you were hurt!

teamZ said...

Oh my, that was a big tree limb. At least you got firewood for the winter...I like your hair darker, but I think you should change from time to time. Variety is the spice of life.

Jord said...

You are a good woman to let your family get a cat! I don't think I could do it, but hopefully she solves any mouse problem.

Thompson Tales said...

I would much rather live with a cat then with mice!!! smart choice!! i can't believe the size of the tree limb that fell, wow!! i will try to call you this next week!! your hair looks great darker!

Annie said...

Maybe when I come I could put that cat in someone's mailbox? Or cat casserole is still my favorite.